jueves, 18 de mayo de 2017

MAKING ACCOMODATIONS FOR ELLs AND INFUSING TECHNOLOGY INTO A LESSON PLAN

MAKING ACCOMODATIONS FOR ELLs AND INFUSING TECHNOLOGY 
INTO A LESSON PLAN




In order to bridge theoretical and practical considerations, it is important for content-area teachers to be able to apply research findings to their everyday practice. Let’s start with the following Chinese proverb:

Tell me, I’ll forget.
Show me, I’ll remember.
Involve me, I’ll understand.

Now consider the following:

Differentially instruct me, I’ll internalize.
Use technology with me, I’ll participate, I’ll transfer, I’ll employ and I’ll create.






Technology has become integrated in the classroom in so many ways, that we often don't even think about how we are using it. The Education World Tech Team offers lessons and activities to help educators make better use of technology tools for instruction, and to help students improve their technology skills within the context of the regular curriculum. Included: Integration activities that utilize the Web, PowerPoint, Excel, digital photography, SMART Boards, and more.




English-language learners, or ELLs, are students who are unable to communicate fluently or learn effectively in English, who often come from non-English-speaking homes and backgrounds, and who typically require specialized or modified instruction in both the English language and in their academic courses.


English language learners benefit from the reinforcement of vocabulary and concepts through pictures, graphics and video. They also benefit from being able to use technology to express themselves. As the authors demonstrate, technology helps English language learners find a voice, easing the transition to a new language.














No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario